Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate[_3_] Kate[_3_] is offline

Default Word 2007 Spell Checker - it won't work now?

My spell checker has given up working on my current document. It seems
to be a document related thing not Word as a whole which is weird.
I've checked some of the settings but I'm no expert in this. If I
start a new document it works fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 7 May 2008 13:35:52 -0700 (PDT), Kate
wrote:

My spell checker has given up working on my current document. It seems
to be a document related thing not Word as a whole which is weird.
I've checked some of the settings but I'm no expert in this. If I
start a new document it works fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Select everything (Ctrl+A) in the affected document. Click the Review tab of the
ribbon. Click the Set Language button in the Proofing group (the icon is a green
globe and a red checkmark). In the dialog that pops up, if there's a check mark
or a green square in the "Do not check spelling or grammar" option, click to
clear the box.

It may be necessary to go to Option button Word Options Proofing and click
the Recheck Document button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman