Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Megglesface Megglesface is offline

Default field forms

I have put a field in by mistake that I dont want and now I dont know how to
delete it, any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Just select it and press the Delete button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Megglesface" wrote in message
I have put a field in by mistake that I dont want and now I dont know how
delete it, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Megglesface Megglesface is offline

thanks but I have done that, there is no visible field, but when I open the
template the prompt for the field still appears, very strange

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Just select it and press the Delete button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Megglesface" wrote in message
I have put a field in by mistake that I dont want and now I dont know how
delete it, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can press Alt+F9 to show/hide all field codes. Then delete the one that
you want to get rid of.

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Just select it and press the Delete button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Megglesface" wrote in message
I have put a field in by mistake that I dont want and now I dont know
how
delete it, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Megglesface Megglesface is offline

for some reason nothing is happening when i do that, its word 2003 im using
if that makes any difference?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Just select it and press the Delete button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Megglesface" wrote in message
I have put a field in by mistake that I dont want and now I dont know
how
delete it, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Megglesface Megglesface is offline

i inserted a fill in field into my template with the prompt 'enter customer
name', you cant see it on the page or anything but it flashes up when you
open up the document

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Just select it and press the Delete button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Megglesface" wrote in message
I have put a field in by mistake that I dont want and now I dont know
how
delete it, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Megglesface Megglesface is offline

Its ok I have just managed to do it, it wasnt working because I hadnt turned
the protection off, doh!
thanks very much for all your help. :-)

"Megglesface" wrote:

I have put a field in by mistake that I dont want and now I dont know how to
delete it, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, unless you turn off the protection you cannot edit the document at
all.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted.

--

"Megglesface" wrote:

I have put a field in by mistake that I dont want and now I dont know how
delete it, any ideas?

Forms Field Problems abradaxis Page Layout 3 December 11th 06 02:29 AM
If field in forms ab New Users 13 August 22nd 06 08:13 AM
Drop down field on forms LK Microsoft Word Help 0 May 23rd 06 06:56 PM
link field / forms Lisa Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 09:35 PM