Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
O O is offline

Default Auto Filling Word Tables Using Excel Data

I am creating a template in Word for business proposals. It includes a table
detailing the following components: Service, Description, Units, Unit Price,
and Price. I want to be able to select the service in the first column using
AutoFill or a drop-down menu, and then have the rest of the data related to
that service imported from an Excel spreadsheet. Consequently, the table
needs to be able to insert an additional line after each entry, and then
total the pricing information in the last column.

Is this as impossible as it seems?

I have scoured the Internet for hours and cannot seem to find an answer to
this that isn't chock full of programmer jargon. A relatively easy to follow
answer would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Best to create a UserForm

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

Then, see the article "Load a ListBox from a Named Range in Excel using DAO"
at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterD...xFromXLDAO.htm

and

See the article "How to find out which Items are selected in a Multi-Select
ListBox" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...lectValues.htm

--
Hope this helps.