Frank Drost

Default Put a big picture in a paragraph

When I have a picture the size of e.g. half a page, and I
want to have it sit WITHIN a paragraph, that by itself is
larger than half a page, I can't get that picture to sit
WITHIN the paragraph. It always ends up at the beginning
or at the end. Even if I specified the distance from the
paragraph. With the combined "size" of paragraph and
picture larger than 1 page, the picture always ends up
further in my document. Where ever it finds enough space
between two paragraphs, that is where WORD puts it. Is
there a way to force my picture WITHIN a paragraph, on the
page that I specify (and not WORD!)

Thanks.

In Word 2000 and above, pictures are by default inserted In Line With Text,
which means that the picture literally is in a paragraph and behaves just
like text. If you want to be able to wrap text around it, then you need to
change the wrapping style to, say, Square or Tight. Click on the picture to
display the Picture toolbar, then click on the Text Wrapping button (dog
icon) to get the menu.