Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aimee209 aimee209 is offline

Default Outline - Paragraph spacing

I have a document that was created using the outline view. When I finish
typing, I switch back to Print Layout View to format it before printing (the
font and size are changed to what they need to be). Also, going through
Format - Paragraph, I change Spacing to 0 pt for Before and After. However,
the title will be on the first page, but the outline drops down and starts on
page 2. Also, there are gaps at the bottom. If a section stops, it'll push
the next section to start on the following page.

Is there any way to get the outline to be continuous?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Do you work with the Nonprinting Characters visible?
There are probably multiple superfluous Paragraph Marks, Tabs, etc. which
can be causing your problems.
Use Ctrl+Shft+8 or the ¶ icon (on the Home ribbon or the Standard toolbar)
to toggle the view of these.
See: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for further
details on these very useful little blighters.
Also you may have other Paragraph settings such as Keep with Next, Keep
Lines Together and Page Break Before applied though out the document. When
Showing the nonprinting characters you may see a small black box appear in
the left margin, this indicates that that paragraph (or somewhere within that
line) has a such a Paragraph setting applied. You can also use Find to search
for these settings.

Come back if your problems still persist.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"aimee209" wrote:

I have a document that was created using the outline view. When I finish
typing, I switch back to Print Layout View to format it before printing (the
font and size are changed to what they need to be). Also, going through
Format - Paragraph, I change Spacing to 0 pt for Before and After. However,
the title will be on the first page, but the outline drops down and starts on
page 2. Also, there are gaps at the bottom. If a section stops, it'll push
the next section to start on the following page.

Is there any way to get the outline to be continuous?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aimee209 aimee209 is offline

I selected all the text and went to Format - Pragraph. I deselected the
Keep Lines Together, Keep Text Together and Page Break Before. That fixed
the problem!

Thank you!!

"aimee209" wrote:

I have a document that was created using the outline view. When I finish
typing, I switch back to Print Layout View to format it before printing (the
font and size are changed to what they need to be). Also, going through
Format - Paragraph, I change Spacing to 0 pt for Before and After. However,
the title will be on the first page, but the outline drops down and starts on
page 2. Also, there are gaps at the bottom. If a section stops, it'll push
the next section to start on the following page.

Is there any way to get the outline to be continuous?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Glad this worked for you.
Thanks for the feedback.
All the best
DeanH

Paragraph spacing Gene L. New Users 0 April 11th 08 07:39 PM
paragraph spacing bpk Microsoft Word Help 6 May 8th 07 10:29 AM
Paragraph spacing in PX? JoeyZaZa Microsoft Word Help 2 December 22nd 06 07:21 PM
Different line spacing for outline items. Nate Formatting Long Documents 4 March 27th 06 11:17 PM
paragraph spacing in a STYLE applies within the paragraph eric matschke Microsoft Word Help 5 January 3rd 06 10:16 PM