Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mvietorisz mvietorisz is offline

Default Can no longer SAVE after installing Office Service Pack 3

Hello,

I have a rather frustrating problem here in my office.

We have come into a situation where a lot of users are all of a sudden
unable to SAVE any documents in Microsoft Word. There are no error messages
given. If you open a new document and go File - Save As, simply nothing
happens. No dialogue box opens. No errors. Nothing happens. Same thing occurs
with the File - Save option or clicking the Save icon on the menu bar.
Nothing happens and no changes are saved to the document.

After a LOT of troubleshooting I have noticed the following:
- This only occurs for accounts that are set to a regular "User".
Administrators and Power Users do not have this problem.
- This only happens after installing Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3.
If I do a fresh install of Office (SP1) it works just fine. As soon as I
install SP3 it breaks and they can no longer save.

Has anyone experienced this before? This problems seems to have come up
randomly as no changes have been made to the users as of late. So far it has
affected about 8 people.

Any information or ideas would be great.