Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chasew Chasew is offline

Default Prevent Word from automatically adding page

You know how when you get to the end of a page, word automatically adds
another? How do I prevent that?

I'm not going past the page, Actually I'm not even that close to the end,
but it keeps adding a second page. Can I shut this feature off or something?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To: Chaswe,

Are you sure you don't have (invisible) paragraph marks after your text?
Click on the Pilcrow symbol, it looks like a P but facing to the left
(instead of to the right). It works as a toggle. When you toggle it on, it
show all the invisible paragraph marks. Then delete them all but the last
one. Then toggle it back off.

Another way to check for them is to move your cursor down the page as far as
you can, when you get to the end, backspace until you're back to your text.

Steven Craig Miller

"Chasew" wrote:

You know how when you get to the end of a page, word automatically adds
another? How do I prevent that?

I'm not going past the page, Actually I'm not even that close to the end,
but it keeps adding a second page. Can I shut this feature off or something?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Another way to check for them is to move your cursor down the page as far
as
you can,

Ctrl+End will take you to the end of the document.

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm has more.

To: Chaswe,