Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] thecomputervalet@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2007 -- Footer text not printing

Hello,

I have a footer that is in all documents that I produce. The footer
contains gray type and red lines.

When printed, the red lines print but the text does not.

How can I start to troubleshoot this?

Cheers,

Mike ...

vgrandja vgrandja is offline
Junior Member

Here is a link that explains the problem with printing text too close to the bottom margin.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166055

Depending on your printer, some like HP, will print text up to .25 before the bottom edge of the paper.

I had a similar problem with the footer of my resume and the footer printed once I adjusted footer margins to .5 inches. By default the footer and header margins are .49 inches in MS Word 2007.

Last edited by vgrandja : May 6th 12 at 01:00 PM