Mansour

Default Turning off Automatic Hanging Indent

I am typing a document and some of my lines gets indented
automatically with Hanging Indent. I have to go to the
Paragraph formatting and set the hanging Indent to none to
correct the problem. Is there any way to turn this silly
feature off?

Mansour

becky

chances are you are either hitting ctrl+t or clicking in
the ruler section of the document. i'm pretty sure there
is no way to turn this feature off, you just have to be
careful where you click/hit.

-becky

I am typing a document and some of my lines gets indented
automatically with Hanging Indent. I have to go to the
Paragraph formatting and set the hanging Indent to none to
correct the problem. Is there any way to turn this silly
feature off?

Mansour
.

Stefan Blom

Does this happen when you press the TAB key? If this is the case, do
the following to fix it:

For Word 2000 and earlier: Tools Options Edit: "Tabs and backspace
set left indent."

For Word 2002 and later: Tools AutoCorrect AutoFormat As You Type:
"Set first and left indent with tabs and backspaces."

--
Stefan Blom

"Mansour" wrote in message
I am typing a document and some of my lines gets indented
automatically with Hanging Indent. I have to go to the
Paragraph formatting and set the hanging Indent to none to
correct the problem. Is there any way to turn this silly
feature off?

Mansour

Stefan Blom

Clarification: The option should be cleared if you don't want a
hanging indent to be created as you press TAB at the beginning of a
paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom