Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M Newton M Newton is offline

Default Word document background print: I get a tile effect I dont want

I use Word 2003. I am preparing a word document that contains text but with a
background photograph. After hours of trying I was able to size the
background photograph such that it fits the 8.5 x 11 inch page exactly by
using a crop ratio of 1.29 (height/width) for the photo and at a pixel count
to match my monitor (96 dpi). The page looks great in the editing window and
also in preview. However, when I print it there are 36 images (tiles) in the
background instead of one. I talked to Canon about the printer; I chatted
with a print shop and everyone I know; I tried to call Microsoft but they
wanted to charge me $40.00. I have no solution so far. I am amazed that no
one has run into this before as it is a problem that is bound to happen. It
may be that the background is meant more for web pages as some of the "help"
indicated but surely there must be a way to print it as a word document also.
I think that altering the resolution of the printer to 96 dpi may work but it
is almost imposible to do that with the company printer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yvonne Yvonne is offline

Default Word document background print: I get a tile effect I dont wan

Hi

I was having the exactly the same problem in regard to the size and titling
when you insert a picture as a background. Your suggestion of using a
watermark has solved the sizing problem, however the reason I wanted to use
the picture as a background is because I need it to display in full colour.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried adding the picture as a watermark instead?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"M Newton" M wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

When inserting the watermark, clear the "Washout" option in the Printed
Watermark dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"M Newton" M wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You could try adjusting the Contrast as well as the Brightness of the
picture, and see if that helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"M Newton" M wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Yvonne,

Items in the header or footer 'layer' in Word will display dimmed, but will print in full color.

"Yvonne" wrote in message ...
I have done that and it doesn't make that much difference.

Any other ideas?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP