Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Bailey Bill Bailey is offline

Default Can't paste from Hotmail into Word 2007

I am running Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium. I have attempted to
select, copy and paste text from Hotmail into a blank Word 2007 document but
nothing happens. The "busy" cursor appears for several seconds after I click
"Paste" but no text appears in Word. I can paste the same copied text into
Excel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007, so it seems to be a Word 2007 problem. I can
also paste text I select and copy from other websites into Word but nothing
from Hotmail gets pasted. All of my copy/paste options in the "Word Options"
dialog box are set to their default values. Some of the "Paste | Special"
options work correctly but not the default paste. Any help would be greatly
appreciated - this is driving me nuts!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Bill

Bill Bailey wrote:
I am running Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium. I have attempted to
select, copy and paste text from Hotmail into a blank Word 2007 document but
nothing happens. The "busy" cursor appears for several seconds after I click
"Paste" but no text appears in Word. I can paste the same copied text into
Excel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007, so it seems to be a Word 2007 problem. I can
also paste text I select and copy from other websites into Word but nothing
from Hotmail gets pasted. All of my copy/paste options in the "Word Options"
dialog box are set to their default values. Some of the "Paste | Special"
options work correctly but not the default paste. Any help would be greatly
appreciated - this is driving me nuts!

I'd go with a text-only paste then. When you use simple paste, Word is
going to (try to) establish a connection to the web site. That will
always take longer and might fail.

2cents
Robert
--