Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Change all Header 2 titles at once

I am using Office Word 2007. I somehow have half my Header 2 titles
italicized, and the other half without italics. Is there any what I can
change this at the same time

My table of contents shows the differences so I need to make all my Header 2
the same.

Any easy way to do this without having to make this change one-by one in my
350 page document?

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To: Steve,

This macro should remove all Italic from all headers.

'
' Remove Italic from all Headers
'
Sub ChangeHeaders()
Dim oSection As Section
Dim oHeader As HeaderFooter

For Each oSection In ActiveDocument.Sections
For Each oHeader In oSection.Headers
oHeader.Range.Italic = False
Next oHeader
Next oSection
End Sub

If you need help installing it, just ask.

Steven Craig Miller

"Steve" wrote:

I am using Office Word 2007. I somehow have half my Header 2 titles
italicized, and the other half without italics. Is there any what I can
change this at the same time

My table of contents shows the differences so I need to make all my Header 2
the same.

Any easy way to do this without having to make this change one-by one in my
350 page document?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

While Steve said Header, I think he actually meant Heading 2.

Here's one method:

1. In Word Options, click Advanced, and in the Editing Options section, tick
to select "Keep track of formatting:. Click OK.

2. With the document open, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to display the Styles
pane.

3. Click the Options... button in the lower right corner.

4. Ensure that Paragraph level formatting and Font formatting are both
checked. Click OK.

5. In the list of styles, look for one named Heading 2 + Italic. Right-click
it, and choose Modify. Ensure that "Automatically update" is not enabled.
Click OK.

6. Right-click Heading 2 + Italic again, and click on Select all #
instances. This should select all of the italicized instances of Heading 2.

7. Right above (or close thereto) in the list of styles, you should see
Heading 2 without + Italic. Click on that style. This will apply the "pure"
Heading 2--without Italics--to the now-selected headings.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

To: Steve,