Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter S.[_2_] Peter S.[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 Closes Unexpectedly (as it did in Word 2002)

I had a similar problem to ther users with Word 2002 closing while I was
keying data into a document. The problem was overcome by uninstalling and
upgrading by installing Office 2003 some time ago.

Today the automatic update (which shows as having added KB951376-v2 to the
Windows path) seems to have triggered the same unexpected closing of Word
2003 as before. I tried to fix the problem by uninstalling this v2 security
update but to no avail.

I followed VVS's advice and unchecked the default Word in Outlook's Mail
Format screen and then closed Outlook which I usually leave open.

This has not fixed the problem and Word still closes unexpectedly during
data entry in a document.

Any suggestions

HELP!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For general trouble-shooting, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter S." wrote:

I had a similar problem to ther users with Word 2002 closing while I was
keying data into a document. The problem was overcome by uninstalling and
upgrading by installing Office 2003 some time ago.

Today the automatic update (which shows as having added KB951376-v2 to the
Windows path) seems to have triggered the same unexpected closing of Word
2003 as before. I tried to fix the problem by uninstalling this v2 security
update but to no avail.

I followed VVS's advice and unchecked the default Word in Outlook's Mail
Format screen and then closed Outlook which I usually leave open.

This has not fixed the problem and Word still closes unexpectedly during
data entry in a document.

Any suggestions

HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erwin Blonk Erwin Blonk is offline

(note: XP SP3 with Office 2003 SP3 - fresh install)
I have much the same problem. As long as Outlook is open, hitting return
while in Word closes the document.
The page linked to does not seem to address the problem, for it doesn't
crash on opening Word, I don't get an error message and it doesn't open
slowly. Everything is great until you hit enter with Outlook running. Until
that moment I can type anything. But Word documents without usign the
enter-key tend to look a bit ugly