Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MKG MKG is offline

Default Making Track Changes more obvious

Is there any way in Word 2003 to make it more obvious that Track Changes is
obvious? We have a rather feeble user who somehow managed to send out a
document where TC was active. Apparently it wasn't tracking when she typed
in the document and the teeny-tiny TRK in the status bar isn't enough to
alert her.

Is there any way we can make it more obvious? A setting we can change or
lock on so that something will jump out at her?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

MKG wrote:
Is there any way in Word 2003 to make it more obvious that Track
Changes is obvious? We have a rather feeble user who somehow managed
to send out a document where TC was active. Apparently it wasn't
tracking when she typed in the document and the teeny-tiny TRK in the
status bar isn't enough to alert her.

Is there any way we can make it more obvious? A setting we can
change or lock on so that something will jump out at her?

Go to Tools Options Security and check the box for "Warn before
printing, saving or sending a file that contains tracked changes or
comments". You may also want to check "Make hidden markup visible when
opening or saving".

Demonstrate the warning and the consequences (!) of ignoring it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman