Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Mary is offline

Default Automatic # at end of sentence

Can you create an automatic # at the end of a sentence? If so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

An automatic pound-sign??

Do you mean an "automatic space," whatever that would be? Don't you
touch the space bar after every word you type anyway?

I suppose you could make an AutoCorrect entry such that every time you
type a period, it inserts period+space instead. But how would you
train yourself _not_ to space after the last wod in every sentence?

On Jun 20, 4:29*pm, Mary wrote:
Can you create an automatic # at the end of a sentence? *If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm guessing Mary wants a number at the end of the sentence. But whether she
wants the sentences numbered or wants the number to be the number of words
in the sentence or what, we may never know.

On Jun 20, 4:29 pm, Mary wrote:
Can you create an automatic # at the end of a sentence? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure whether even formatted AutoCorrect entries can contain fields,
but AutoText entries certainly can. But I would guess Mary wants something
like the automatic paragraph numbers that you can add via Bullets and
Numbering. This is akin to the users who want page numbers before TOC
entries--something Word is just not set up to do.

On Jun 20, 4:29 pm, Mary wrote:

Can you create an automatic # at the end of a sentence? If so, how?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For what it's worth, you can actually include fields in a formatted
AutoCorrect entry.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP