Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Soapy Soapy is offline

Default Pinning a shortcut link when opening or saving a file using Vista

I accidently found out how to make pinning a shortcut link in Office 2007
using Vista.

I would also like to add this as a general comment so that everyone can see
this.

All those instructions about using regedit to reprogram, all those
instructions that didn't work, all those instructions for XP but not for
Vista... well, I figured out how to do it. UNBELIEVABLY SIMPLE, and no one
else has said how to do this!!

All we have to do is click on the folder that we want to have as a shortcut,
then drag it (with the right mouse button) into the LINKS folder under
c:\user\nameofowner\links and select Create a shortcut.

YIKES. I was in an online chat with Microsoft for 45 minutes today and they
DIDN'T know how to do it either.

I am thrilled and want to make sure that everyone who uses links can see
this info. I was very frustrated until I figured this out.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.