Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Formatted: Font: Not

I'm reviewing a document with revisions. In the Final Showing Markup view,
some of the revisions read "Formatted: Font: Not".

What does this mean?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It doesn't say "Not bold" or "Not italic"? Maybe this reflects stripping all
direct font formatting, but a better choice would be "Formatted: Font:
Default Paragraph Font." (In any case, when I tried this with bold italic
text, I got "Formatted: Font: Not Bold, Not Italic.")

"Eric" wrote in message
I'm reviewing a document with revisions. In the Final Showing Markup view,
some of the revisions read "Formatted: Font: Not".

What does this mean?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

No. Just "Formatted: Font: Not". Nothing more.

I don't know what it means.

"Eric" wrote in message
I'm reviewing a document with revisions. In the Final Showing Markup view,
some of the revisions read "Formatted: Font: Not".

What does this mean?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Put your cursor on the text in question and see how it is formatted. Then
reject the change and see what your text how it is formatted after that.

PamC

Eric wrote:
No. Just "Formatted: Font: Not". Nothing more.

I don't know what it means.

It doesn't say "Not bold" or "Not italic"? Maybe this reflects stripping all
direct font formatting, but a better choice would be "Formatted: Font:

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

I just discovered another solution: I put my cursor on the text and I see
"Font: Not Bold". That answers the question, but it raises another one. The
formatting balloon at the right of the page is formatted in what looks like
Courier New 12 pt, not in the normal font for formatting ballons, which is a
10-point sans-serif font. I don't know why the format of the formatting
balloon would change. I've looked for the style which govers that balloon
(from the Styles and Formatting pane by selecting Show / Custom / Format
Settings / Show All), but can't find it.