Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wli2k2 wli2k2 is offline

Default Word password

I password protected a Word 2003 document but do not remember the password.
Can anyone recommend any tools and ways around this?

thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Hypnosis? See http://www.gmayor.com/Remove_Password.htm

wli2k2 wrote:
I password protected a Word 2003 document but do not remember the
password. Can anyone recommend any tools and ways around this?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wli2k2 wli2k2 is offline

I went to the website you suggested. I opened the password protected Word
file then click cancel on the enter password popup. Then I press
ALT+SHIFT+F11 to bring up the script editor but the popup reappeared on Word
asking for the password, so the file does not open in script editor.

Any other ideas?
thanks.

wli2k2 wrote:
I password protected a Word 2003 document but do not remember the
password. Can anyone recommend any tools and ways around this?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you not read the first line of the page in bold face type:

When you password protect a document against opening, then that document is
encrypted and you will not be able to open it without the original password.

The method suggested only works for protected forms. Documents that are
protected against opening cannot be opened without the password.

wli2k2 wrote:
I password protected a Word 2003 document but do not remember the
password. Can anyone recommend any tools and ways around this?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_217_] Henk57[_217_] is offline

-

wli2k2 wrote:-
I password protected a Word 2003 document but do not remember the
password. Can anyone recommend any tools and ways around this?

thanks. ---

You might try to use password remover software. Google for Word
password remove shd give you some links to freeware.

--
Henk57

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Henk57 wrote:

You might try to use password remover software. Google for Word
password remove shd give you some links to freeware.

If only it was that simple .... (and in any case there are links to such
software on the page referenced earlier in the thread). A half decent
password can keep such software tied up for weeks of continuous processing.
The freeware programs are limited to passwords of usually 4 digits, which
they can reveal with apparent ease. It is an illusion to get you to part
with your money.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
linnext linnext is offline

test

"wli2k2" wrote:

I password protected a Word 2003 document but do not remember the password.
Can anyone recommend any tools and ways around this?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
linnext linnext is offline

yes