Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich W. Rich W. is offline

Default Combining documents

I have a set of Word documents that many users will need to access. We need
to append a line (that will reside in the footer), that states "This document
is valid 30 from [WORD DATE FIELD]".

Is there an easy way to combine documents without going into each document?
(I realize I could write a macro, but we don't want this line to appear all
the time - only on certain occassions.

I don't even know if this is possible. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I see a few potential problems here. Most important one: - If the documents
are to be opened from disc by the 'many users' then the document will always
be valid 30? from the date they are opened. The date field would update to
show the PC's system date.

Some idea of how the documents are to be used that requires the footer
information would be needed to even venture a suggestion on how to achieve
your aims, but the one that immediately springs to mind is to use Acrobat to
create the documents and to combine them.