Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
snooksdogs snooksdogs is offline

Default encription

I encripted a document and now need to edit. How to I remove the encription?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Apply the password you used.

snooksdogs wrote:
I encripted a document and now need to edit. How to I remove the
encription?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
snooksdogs snooksdogs is offline

That's my problem. It doesn't ask me for a password and I don't know how to
enter it without the prompt.

I encripted a document and now need to edit. How to I remove the encription?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Then how do you know that it is encrypted and not simply corrupt?
If you have applied password protection then it should prompt for the
password when you try to open it. It will not open without the password. If
it opens and is scrambled then it is corrupt.
*How* did you encrypt it?

"snooksdogs" wrote:

I encripted a document and now need to edit. How to I remove the
encription?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
snooksdogs snooksdogs is offline

I have Office 2007. I had password protected it when saving my file. I
found it under "review". Thanks for your help.