Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Re-Link Header to Previous Page

Im using Word 2007. I have a document with ten pages that contains both
headers and footers. I want the headers on each page the same, but the
footers are different. I know how to do this. My problem is I accidentally
broke the €ślink to previous€ť header on one my pages. Is there a way to
re-establish that link?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you tried to click the "link to previous" icon (ie the one you used to
remove the link in the first place) again?
This icon is a toggle feature. You will get a Yes/No question "Do you want
to delete this Header/footer and connect to the header/footer in the previous
section?", the answer will be Yes to do what you require.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Steve" wrote:

Im using Word 2007. I have a document with ten pages that contains both
headers and footers. I want the headers on each page the same, but the
footers are different. I know how to do this. My problem is I accidentally
broke the €ślink to previous€ť header on one my pages. Is there a way to
re-establish that link?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

The "link to previous" icon is present, however it's "grayed-out". I tried
your suggestion in a new Word 2007 document. Using the €ślinked to previous€ť
feature does reconnect the header to the previous section. The document that
I need to reconnect the headers was original created in Word 2003. Could
that cause the €ślinked to previous€ť icon to be grayed-out???

"Steve" wrote:

Im using Word 2007. I have a document with ten pages that contains both
headers and footers. I want the headers on each page the same, but the
footers are different. I know how to do this. My problem is I accidentally
broke the €ślink to previous€ť header on one my pages. Is there a way to
re-establish that link?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Coming from a 2003 document should not affect this function.
The only time the icon is greyed out is when you are in the first section's
Header/Footer or you only have one section in the whole document.
Does the document/section have "Different First page" activated?
This function will only link to a previous Different First page in a
previous section, so if one is not present the icon will be greyed out.
Hope this helps
DeanH