Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jimwashere jimwashere is offline

Default AutoCompleting Dates or Not?

I have read many posts here about how Autocompleting of days/dates does or
does not work in Word 2007. Those who have it want it off. Those who dont
have it want it. Fortunately, I found that Autocompleting of days/dates works
in Draft view all the time. Sorry, but I have to give you my experience and
ask: What is going on???

After installing Office 2007 Enterprise at school on Windows XP Pro and
finding that Autocompleting Day/Dates did not work, I accepted that. I let
the Professors know that Autocompleting of day/dates only works in Draft
view. But, installing either Office 2007 Professional Plus or Ultimate at
home, gave me Autocompleting of Day/Dates working in Print Layout view.

I then starting playing with the Office 2007 Enterprise install at school on
one comptuer. Uninstalling and reinstalling different Office 2007 components
to get Autocompleting Day/Dates to work. Viola! I eventually got it working
in Print Layout view. But that was only one computer.

Today, I am employing the same technique of install/uninstall/reinstall to
get autocomplete to work. No Luck this time. Autocomplete does not want to
work in Print Layout view. it works fine in Draft view, though. And,
Autocompleting Days/Dates works in Outlook fine. I did get Autocompleting
days/dates to work on one word, then poof, it stopped working in Print Layout
view.

**Something is going on that I cannot control yet! Does anyone know why some
installs of Office 2007 get Autocompleting of days/dates to work and other
installs cannot. There is some technical detail i have not found that contols
Autocompleting of days/dates. **

Any ideas???