Default Fussy legal citation problem

Has anybody figured out how to do legal citation in an easier
way? I'm referring specifically to the comma following a case name --
it should not be underlined or italicized. Same goes for commas
following Id. and e.g.
If I get an already-typed manuscript, or a scanned manuscript,
how do I change all those commas to plain text? Is there a macro or
something?
Any macros or tips for formatting law review articles according
to the Harvard Bluebook, where authors and treatises are to be in
Small Caps?
Etc. Etc.

Any help appreciated.

*(((({

Graham Mayor

If all you are trying to do is convert underlined commas to non-underlined
commas, the simplest plan is to use the replace function

In the find box, enter a comma
In the replace box enter a comma and press CTRL+U twice (no underline)

*((({ wrote:
Has anybody figured out how to do legal citation in an easier
way? I'm referring specifically to the comma following a case name --
it should not be underlined or italicized. Same goes for commas
following Id. and e.g.
If I get an already-typed manuscript, or a scanned manuscript,
how do I change all those commas to plain text? Is there a macro or
something?
Any macros or tips for formatting law review articles according
to the Harvard Bluebook, where authors and treatises are to be in
Small Caps?
Etc. Etc.

Any help appreciated.

*(((({

Daiya Mitchell

And re Small Caps, dig in Tools | Customize and find the toolbar icon or set
up a keyboard shortcut for applying it. Find and Replace might help, but it
depends on what you have.

I assume you are only interested in after-the-fact fixes, as an editor, not
ways to make it easier as an author?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ:

The default keyboard shortcut for Small Caps is Ctrl+Shift+K. Since I rarely
use hyperlinks (Ctrl+K), I have swapped shortcuts.

.. .

On 3/4/05 2:01 AM, "*((({" wrote:

Has anybody figured out how to do legal citation in an easier
way? I'm referring specifically to the comma following a case name --
it should not be underlined or italicized. Same goes for commas
following Id. and e.g.
If I get an already-typed manuscript, or a scanned manuscript,
how do I change all those commas to plain text? Is there a macro or
something?
Any macros or tips for formatting law review articles according
to the Harvard Bluebook, where authors and treatises are to be in
Small Caps?
Etc. Etc.

Any help appreciated.

*(((({

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ:
http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Yabbut --
NOT in legal writing. Check the court rules and the legal
citation manuals -- Harvard Bluebook 17th's Edition "Uniform System of
Citation" and Association of Legal Writing Director's handbooks.

I will reassign the hyperlink shortcut to do small caps. I
already have a toolbar icon for Small Caps, but the keyboard is
easier.

*(((({