Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Obi Obi is offline

Default How do I enable my macros because I can't copy and paste

Whenever I try to paste in my word document, this message comes up saying
that my macros is disabled. I went through the word options to enable it but
it still will not work
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The bigger question would be why Word is trying to run a macro rather than
the built-in paste command. Are you using an add-in that has modified the
paste command? Or, do you perhaps have a virus, and Word's built-in
protection is preventing that macro from doing any damage.

For enabling macros... after you enable macros, you might need to close and
reopen Word (if you're using Word 2003 as your Outlook editor, you might
need to close and restart Outlook as well). But, do this only if you're
positive there is no virus.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Obi" wrote in message
Whenever I try to paste in my word document, this message comes up saying
that my macros is disabled. I went through the word options to enable it
but
it still will not work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have had this problem in both W2003 and W2007 when using Ctrl-V or the Save
button after one of my macros hangs or fails. (Fortunately, clicking the red
x causes Word to ask if I want to save the file.) Closing and restarting
Word usually brings back its usual abilities.

PamC