Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
smorris smorris is offline

Default How do I find the amount of time spent editing a document in Word

How do I find the amoung of time spent editing a document in Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

smorris wrote:
How do I find the amoung of time spent editing a document in Word
2007?

Click the Office button and choose Prepare Properties to open the (IMHO
extremely ugly) Document Properties pane. In the upper left corner of the
pane, click the words "Document Properties" and click the "Advanced
Properties" item in the menu. That opens the traditional Properties dialog,
where you can find the editing time on the Statistics tab.

If you intend to use this often, add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar to
go directly to the dialog. Go to Office button Word Options Customize.
Set the category to Commands Not In the Ribbon, choose the Advanced Document
Properties item, and click the Add button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click the Office button and choose Prepare Properties to open the (IMHO
extremely ugly) Document Properties pane.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who considers it extremely ugly (and
intrusive).

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
smorris wrote:
How do I find the amoung of time spent editing a document in Word
2007?

Click the Office button and choose Prepare Properties to open the (IMHO
extremely ugly) Document Properties pane. In the upper left corner of the
pane, click the words "Document Properties" and click the "Advanced
Properties" item in the menu. That opens the traditional Properties
dialog, where you can find the editing time on the Statistics tab.

If you intend to use this often, add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar
to go directly to the dialog. Go to Office button Word Options
Customize. Set the category to Commands Not In the Ribbon, choose the
Advanced Document Properties item, and click the Add button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi S.,

To add one bit to the previous replies. The 'editing time' reflects how long the document was open on the desktop and has focus as
the primary document. It doesn't do any tracking of actual 'editing/typing activity.

"smorris" wrote in message ...
How do I find the amoung of time spent editing a document in Word 2007?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP