Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chey Chey is offline

Default Calculations in forms

I have a word document that I put the form fields in. I have numbers being
entered in and then I want to calculate at the bottom. I put in another field
and put calculations. Is this the right way? Could someone please guide me?

Thanks
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chey Chey is offline

How do I get it to calculate though right now I have =text3+text4 but it
calculates 0 even though I have a 5 in text3 and a 4 in text4. Will it not
automatically update itself? That is really what I need it to do?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, use a calculation-type form field and be sure to check the box for
"Calculate on exit" for each of the form fields that contributes to the
calculation.

"Chey" wrote in message
news
I have a word document that I put the form fields in. I have numbers being
entered in and then I want to calculate at the bottom. I put in another
field
and put calculations. Is this the right way? Could someone please guide
me?

Thanks
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Double-click the Text3 formfield to open the Form Field Options dialog and
check the box for "Calculate on exit." Do the same for Text4. Then protect
the form. When you enter data in those two fields, you calculation will be
updated. Note, however, that only a tab out of the field will be recognized
as "exit"; just clicking somewhere else doesn't suffice.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, use a calculation-type form field and be sure to check the box for
"Calculate on exit" for each of the form fields that contributes to the
calculation.

"Chey" wrote in message
news
I have a word document that I put the form fields in. I have numbers
being
entered in and then I want to calculate at the bottom. I put in another
field
and put calculations. Is this the right way? Could someone please guide
me?

Thanks
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chey Chey is offline

Thanks I got it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, use a calculation-type form field and be sure to check the box for
"Calculate on exit" for each of the form fields that contributes to the
calculation.

"Chey" wrote in message
news I have a word document that I put the form fields in. I have numbers
being
entered in and then I want to calculate at the bottom. I put in another
field
and put calculations. Is this the right way? Could someone please guide
me?

Thanks
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You would only need a macro to update fields if you were using a Word field
in the header/footer to create or reproduce the calculation. If you were to
need such a macro, you can use the sample code at

calculations tphillips Tables 6 October 25th 07 06:10 PM
Calculations in Table peg84 Tables 3 January 21st 07 04:00 PM
Calculations LindaCoedy Tables 1 November 30th 05 09:16 AM
Word Forms Calculations Michelle Microsoft Word Help 1 May 4th 05 11:37 PM
Calculations in a table Tina Tables 2 December 20th 04 02:35 AM