Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Tim is offline

Default Format of Quotation Marks

I have smart quotes turned on. The problem is that the left curly quote
looks exactly like the right curly quote. So, instead of both quotation
marks curling into material being quoted, the left quotation mark curls away
(i.e., curls to the left instead of inward to the right). How do I get the
left curly quotation mark to turn inward toward the material being quoted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Tim is offline

The whole document is in English, as far as I know. This is a problem with
all of my documents, which are all in English.

"Tim" wrote in message
I have smart quotes turned on. The problem is that the left curly quote
looks exactly like the right curly quote. So, instead of both quotation
marks curling into material being quoted, the left quotation mark curls
away
(i.e., curls to the left instead of inward to the right). How do I get
the
left curly quotation mark to turn inward toward the material being quoted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What do you see when you go to Tools Language Set Language?

What font are you using? It's possible that it's a cheap imitation
font that both doesn't have curly quotes and also has an apostrophe in
the single straight quote slot.