Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD2 JD2 is offline

Default Screen doesn't refresh after sending file as email attachment

Dear Word gurus,

One of our staff has been having problems with sending a document as an
attachment from Word 2003 (through the File, Send To, File As Attachment
command). Although the email is sent, the actual email in Word regularly
remains open on screen and has to be closed down. This happens erratically
though, and she is never quite sure if it has been sent or not (ie. she has
to go to Outlook 2003, check Sent items, and then come back and close it).

Any suggestions on why this might be occurring? Haven't had anyone else
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

JD2,
Have you set Options Word 2003
Tools General Mail As Attachment (check box) (Normal.dot setting)

Hope this helps.

"JD2" wrote in message
Dear Word gurus,

One of our staff has been having problems with sending a document as an
attachment from Word 2003 (through the File, Send To, File As Attachment
command). Although the email is sent, the actual email in Word regularly
remains open on screen and has to be closed down. This happens
erratically
though, and she is never quite sure if it has been sent or not (ie. she
has
to go to Outlook 2003, check Sent items, and then come back and close it).

Any suggestions on why this might be occurring? Haven't had anyone else

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD2 JD2 is offline

Hi Jules,

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes we have this option ticked by default on
our computers - is it supposed to be off?

Regards
JD2

"JD2" wrote in message
Dear Word gurus,

One of our staff has been having problems with sending a document as an
attachment from Word 2003 (through the File, Send To, File As Attachment
command). Although the email is sent, the actual email in Word regularly
remains open on screen and has to be closed down. This happens
erratically
though, and she is never quite sure if it has been sent or not (ie. she
has
to go to Outlook 2003, check Sent items, and then come back and close it).

Any suggestions on why this might be occurring? Haven't had anyone else

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_3_] Jules[_3_] is offline

No, it is supposed to be checked. I send Word docs as attachments - only
time I have email still onscreen is in Citrix web environment.

I'm sure someone else will have a solution...

"JD2" wrote in message
Dear Word gurus,

One of our staff has been having problems with sending a document as an
attachment from Word 2003 (through the File, Send To, File As
Attachment
command). Although the email is sent, the actual email in Word
regularly
remains open on screen and has to be closed down. This happens
erratically
though, and she is never quite sure if it has been sent or not (ie. she
has
to go to Outlook 2003, check Sent items, and then come back and close
it).

Any suggestions on why this might be occurring? Haven't had anyone
else

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD2 JD2 is offline

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your feedback. The person in question doesn't use the Citrix web
environment, so we can count that one out.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers
JD2