Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Krishna Krishna is offline

Default Updating data in Fields

Using Word 2007
updating a document, that could have been created in 2003.
There's a field in the doc that says April 2007 - I changed it to April 2008
without deleting field codes.
When I save it, it does not get saved with new date.

So, I have gone to Edit field by right clicking on date field.
It takes me to Field dialog box with ReleaseDate field property highlighted.
But, I cannot see any field options for it.
I clicked on Field codes button but it just says DOCPROPERTY ReleaseDate
If I click Options button in Field dialog, it still has DOCPROPERTY
ReleaseDate but nothing to edit the actual value.

How do I get around this?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have a Docproperty field calling the document property ReleaseDate. From
the file open dialog, select the document in question then from the tools
button (lower left) select Properties. Change the ReleaseDate field content
to whatever you require.

Krishna wrote:
Using Word 2007
updating a document, that could have been created in 2003.
There's a field in the doc that says April 2007 - I changed it to
April 2008 without deleting field codes.
When I save it, it does not get saved with new date.

So, I have gone to Edit field by right clicking on date field.
It takes me to Field dialog box with ReleaseDate field property
highlighted. But, I cannot see any field options for it.
I clicked on Field codes button but it just says DOCPROPERTY
ReleaseDate
If I click Options button in Field dialog, it still has DOCPROPERTY
ReleaseDate but nothing to edit the actual value.

How do I get around this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Krishna,

You can access the custom document properties by:

1. In the Office button, click Prepare, then choose Properties.

2. A Pane appears across the top of the document with the more common, built-in
document properties. You probably won't see ReleaseDate here, so...

3. At the top of the pane you'll see a label "Document properties" with an
arrow. Click the arrow.

4. Select "Advanced properties".

5. From the dialog box that appears, select the tab "Custom".

6. You should see a list of custom document properties at the bottom of the
dialog box. Click on "ReleaseDate".

7. In the "Value" box, type the new value.

Using Word 2007
updating a document, that could have been created in 2003.
There's a field in the doc that says April 2007 - I changed it to April 2008
without deleting field codes.
When I save it, it does not get saved with new date.

So, I have gone to Edit field by right clicking on date field.
It takes me to Field dialog box with ReleaseDate field property highlighted.
But, I cannot see any field options for it.
I clicked on Field codes button but it just says DOCPROPERTY ReleaseDate
If I click Options button in Field dialog, it still has DOCPROPERTY
ReleaseDate but nothing to edit the actual value.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)