Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
agate8 agate8 is offline

Default deleting section breaks all at once in large document

if I delete a section break do I loose my header or footer on the prir or
next pag ?
How do I delete multiple section breaks?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Section breaks store the formatting (page layout, columns, and headers &
footers) of the preceding section; when you delete a section break, the
settings of the following section break will be applied.

So to answer your qustion: you will lose the current headers and footers
(that is, the ones now preceding the section break you plan to delete).

For detailed information, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

To delete multiple section breaks, you can use the Find and Replace dialog
box (use ^b for "Find what" and nothing for "Replace with"). But be sure to
take a look at the article mentioned above before you delete anything. In
particular, you may want to read the "If you really want to delete the
temporary section break ..." section.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP