Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dru D Dru D is offline

Default Changing margin defaults on page setup

I have been trying to change the default margin settings from 1.25" to 1",
left and right. I hit the default button, and the margins change for the
current document, as well as for any other document I create during that
session. However, if I close Word, or shut down my computer, the new DEFAULT
settings are lost, and margins revert to 1.25" left and right. How do I get
my defaults to STICK?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if Normal.dot is not being saved. There are some add-ins that
can prevent this. The easiest way around it is to force a save of Normal.dot
during your Word session. To do this, press Shift while clicking File. This
will force the menu to display the Save All command. Click on that and
you'll be prompted to save Normal.dot as well as any open documents (you can
decline to save any of the documents).

If this isn't the problem and you're on a corporate network, it could be
that your Normal.dot is being reset at startup.

"Dru D" Dru wrote in message
I have been trying to change the default margin settings from 1.25" to 1",
left and right. I hit the default button, and the margins change for the
current document, as well as for any other document I create during that
session. However, if I close Word, or shut down my computer, the new
DEFAULT
settings are lost, and margins revert to 1.25" left and right. How do I
get
my defaults to STICK?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dru D[_2_] Dru D[_2_] is offline

I tried what you suggested, pressed Shift, clicked File, SAved All. Didn't
work. Must be a network issue. Thanks for the help!