Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tablet user tablet user is offline

Default footnote number size

In one section of a document with multiple sections, the footnote number is a
larger size than in every other section. There must be a way to change the
size in just that section (or change the size in a way that applies to the
whole document) other than changing them one by one! Thanks for any solutions!

p.s. Sorry for all the questions today...I'm working on formatting a
manuscript and encountering multiple problems!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try this: in the Replace dialog, search for ^f (a footnote reference mark).
Leave the "Replace with" box blank (or use ^&), but click Format, select
Style, and choose Footnote Reference. Provided the Footnote Reference style
is correctly defined (as Default Paragraph Font + Superscript), this should
do the trick. Replace All should do the job in the entire document, first in
the document body and then in the footnotes themselves, but you can also
open the footnote pane and run the Replace just there if necessary.

"tablet user" wrote in message
In one section of a document with multiple sections, the footnote number
is a
larger size than in every other section. There must be a way to change the
size in just that section (or change the size in a way that applies to the
whole document) other than changing them one by one! Thanks for any
solutions!

p.s. Sorry for all the questions today...I'm working on formatting a
manuscript and encountering multiple problems!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tablet user tablet user is offline

Hm, I couldn't get the replace dialog to recognize the ^f mark, but I
realized that they weren't in a different size, just not in superscript.
There were only 35 so I changed them to superscript manually.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You would have done better to restore the Footnote Reference style manually,
but whatever works... Searching for ^f should work (it works for me--finds
and selects the footnote reference mark. Of course, if these are actually
endnotes rather than footnotes, you would need to search for ^e.