Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BruceACS BruceACS is offline

Default Can Not Print Word 2003 TS

On a Windows Server 2003 system we have 16 users running accounting
applications. 3 users can not print when using word 2003. From File, Print
the print window does not appear. Other users can print the documents on the
terminal server. What in the individual profile has to do with printing in
Word. Excel prints fine without any errors.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Can those users print from other applications?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BruceACS" wrote:

On a Windows Server 2003 system we have 16 users running accounting
applications. 3 users can not print when using word 2003. From File, Print
the print window does not appear. Other users can print the documents on the
terminal server. What in the individual profile has to do with printing in
Word. Excel prints fine without any errors.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BruceACS BruceACS is offline

Yes, they can print from Excel but not Word. There are 16 users on the TS.
Four of the users can not print from Word. The other users can print from
work and excel. What is in the profile that might cause this?

Thank you for your reply.

Term server is Windows Server 2003. It just started 2 weeks ago. I do not
know what may have changed at that time.

"BruceACS" wrote:

On a Windows Server 2003 system we have 16 users running accounting
applications. 3 users can not print when using word 2003. From File, Print
the print window does not appear. Other users can print the documents on the
terminal server. What in the individual profile has to do with printing in
Word. Excel prints fine without any errors.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BruceACS BruceACS is offline

Found a repair to make the accounts work again. Logged on an go an error on
opening Word with and add-in for PPC Tickmarks. Windows asked to create a
new normal.dot template and everything works again. Is the Normal.dot unique
to each user on a terminal server? If so where are these copies stored?

Thank you for your help.

Bruce Holland
Altura Computer Services

"BruceACS" wrote:

On a Windows Server 2003 system we have 16 users running accounting
applications. 3 users can not print when using word 2003. From File, Print
the print window does not appear. Other users can print the documents on the
terminal server. What in the individual profile has to do with printing in
Word. Excel prints fine without any errors.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, normal.dot exists for each user (in the user profile). It is usually in
a hidden folder and the path is listed in Word Options.

A corrupt normal.dot is one of the things that might cause problems in Word;
for more on trouble-shooting see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom