Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jabba Jabba is offline

Default Mailmerge has suddenly stopped

I have been using mail merge in Word2000 with several different letters each
getting data from different Access2000 databases. I have found over the
last couple of weeks every time that I try to open and send any of the
letters Word will just hang with a message stating "waiting for Microsoft
Access to Accept DDE Commands"

I have tried creating new merge documents but as soon as I try to link to an
Access data base or Excel file Word will just freeze.

I am running WindowsXP Home edition(32bit) with Office 2000 Premium. XP is
fully updated from Windows Update site, and Office has been kept up to date
through the Office Update site.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In Access, from the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the Advance
tab and check the setting for DDE operations and OLE/DDE timeout.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jabba" wrote in message
I have been using mail merge in Word2000 with several different letters
each
getting data from different Access2000 databases. I have found over the
last couple of weeks every time that I try to open and send any of the
letters Word will just hang with a message stating "waiting for Microsoft
Access to Accept DDE Commands"

I have tried creating new merge documents but as soon as I try to link to
an
Access data base or Excel file Word will just freeze.

I am running WindowsXP Home edition(32bit) with Office 2000 Premium. XP
is
fully updated from Windows Update site, and Office has been kept up to
date
through the Office Update site.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
taos taos is offline

Hi,
I am having this same problem and tried numerous "resolutions" to no avail.
Did you find a solution to this problem? Thanks,