Michelle

Default Auto Correction

Hi! I understand that auto correct feature consists of an option to change
hypens (--) with a dash. But why when I entered only 1 hypen, MS Word
continue to convert it to a dash?

Any help or comment is appreciated.

Here's how it works:

If you type a hyphen with spaces on both sides, you will get an en dash.

If you type two hyphens with spaces on both sides, you will get an en dash.

If you type two hyphens with no space on either side, you will get an em
dash.

"Michelle" wrote in message
Hi! I understand that auto correct feature consists of an option to

change
hypens (--) with a dash. But why when I entered only 1 hypen, MS Word
continue to convert it to a dash?

Any help or comment is appreciated.

No, that's the way it works. You can disable it entirely and insert em
dashes manually, or you can avoid using spaced hyphens.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Here's how it works:

If you type a hyphen with spaces on both sides, you will get an en dash.

If you type two hyphens with spaces on both sides, you will get an en

dash.

If you type two hyphens with no space on either side, you will get an em
dash.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.