Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abs0luterhythm abs0luterhythm is offline

Default Page Number in document is different on different PCs

Good Evening,

I was hoping I could get some advice on a Word problem I am having.

Os: Windows XP
Softwa Word 2007
Document fomat: .doc file

When I open up a document on a PC word states the document has 67 pages
however when I open it up on another PC it says it has only 34 pages. So far
I have 3 PCs that says it is 34 pages while the others all say 67 pages.

I have a feeling there a setting on those 3 PCs I am missing. I have already
recreated the user profile and normal.dot. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To be off by this much, the document must contain 33 manual page breaks. The
PCs that bump this up to 67 pages have different printer drivers, and the
text expands just enough not to fit on the designated page, therefore
flowing over to the next page, the result being (probably) one line of text
on that page before the page break. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm