Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RScotti RScotti is offline

Default Word 2007 save as problem.

Hi,
I had to call Microsoft support because I had a problem with getting the Windows update and here's what they did:
Here is a summary of the key points of the service request for your records:
ACTION :We tried to install the update
RESULT :We were unable to do so as the update was getting offered again.
CAUSE :Some dll files corruption
RESOLUTION :We registered all the necessary and required dll files and fixed the problem

These actions fix the problem but I noticed afterwards that when I use the Save as in Word it doesn't give me the three
choices any more it just saves the new reversion. I think they were write over the excising file save to a new files and
merge in to the file. I am not sure if this is correct but it something like that.

I have done the repair on both the download versions and the CD and also completely uninstalled with both versions. But
the problem is still there and I DIDN'T have to reactive and all my settings were still there.
Can someone tell me what to do on this. I really hate to go back to MS because I couldn't understand the first guy and
he hung up on me but the second guy did fix the problem.
I think I have a corrupt file in word and also One note which I do not use. But Excel & PowerPoint work as they always
did on Save as.
--
Have a good day,
RScotti