Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] graeme.smith04@gmail.com is offline

Default Dictionary keeps defaulting to Spanish in Word 07

Hello,
Somehow, one of my word 07 docs switches to using the Spanish
Dictionary in Spell Checker. I've tried the following
In Spelling and Grammar - change to English (then on the next word it
goes back to Spanish)
The language under Word Options is English as well.
It appears to only be n one document as other docs use the English
Dictionary.
Not a majr crisis but nce to know if ths could be fixed rather than
having to change the dictionary on every word.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonyK TonyK is offline

Hi Graeme

You could try selecting the whole doument first (Ctrl+A) and then changing
the default dictionary. This should work.
--
TonyK

" wrote:

Hello,
Somehow, one of my word 07 docs switches to using the Spanish
Dictionary in Spell Checker. I've tried the following
In Spelling and Grammar - change to English (then on the next word it
goes back to Spanish)
The language under Word Options is English as well.
It appears to only be n one document as other docs use the English
Dictionary.
Not a majr crisis but nce to know if ths could be fixed rather than
having to change the dictionary on every word.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

" wrote:
Hello,
Somehow, one of my word 07 docs switches to using the Spanish
Dictionary in Spell Checker. I've tried the following
In Spelling and Grammar - *change to English (then on the next word it
goes back to Spanish)
The language under Word Options is English as well.
It appears to only be n one document as other docs use the English
Dictionary.
Not a majr crisis but nce to know if ths could be fixed rather than
having to change the dictionary on every word.

Thank you- Hide quoted text -

Worked great. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For more on language formatting in Word, see also
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP