Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NSNR NSNR is offline

Default creating a form Invoice preparation using MSword

I wish to create a format for invoice entry and print the same later after
saving using MS word. Is this posiible in MS word. How to go about this ?
In this regard, I need guidance.

Reply appreciated.
NSNRao
--
reply to my posts are welcome
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

If you are just looking to create a form, where data is typed in and then the
whole form is printed, then yes. Word can do this. I suggest using Tables
to space your fields and using the Forms toolbar to insert your text fields.
When you have everything where you want it, click the LOCk button as the end
of the Forms toolbar and save the document so that users can only type in
where fields exist.

If you are looking to track any of this information, or perform any
calculations then you may consider using Excel or Access.

"NSNR" wrote:

I wish to create a format for invoice entry and print the same later after
saving using MS word. Is this posiible in MS word. How to go about this ?
In this regard, I need guidance.

Reply appreciated.
NSNRao
--
reply to my posts are welcome

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NSNR NSNR is offline

Thanks for your reply.
As you said after locking the form and saving it, I copy the template/form
as y.doc as try to enter the data in the blank area, the text line moves down
to the next new line after the specified area.
I want the text to be entered only in those blank area without the area
increasing horizontally as well as vertically.
I have attached the template along with this mail

Request to have a look and suggest solutions if any.

--

"NSNR" wrote:

I wish to create a format for invoice entry and print the same later after
saving using MS word. Is this posiible in MS word. How to go about this ?
In this regard, I need guidance.

Reply appreciated.
NSNRao
--
reply to my posts are welcome

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

NSNR,

I see no attachment here. I would suggest that in the field properties
(double-click your field to see the box) that you set a maximum field length,
this way it will only accept a specific number of characters once you lock
the form