Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NSNR NSNR is offline

Default Form designed for Invoice preparation

I have already designed a form for preparing Invoice using tables.

Now I want to insert text boxes into the free spaces for data entry which
could be saved and printed later. Also while data entry, the blank space
should not extend sidewards or move to next row outside the space allocated
in the table.
Seleting text box from Forms toolbar splits the table already designed.

Can anyone suggest a method for this.
--
reply to my posts are welcome
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Adding frames inside a table cell won't be possible, I believe. It will be
easier to use table cells for all areas where text should be entered into the
form. Note that you can remove the borders if you want to. Also, you could
set fixed dimensions for the table cells so that they don't resize and cause
trouble with the layout of the form.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"NSNR" wrote:

I have already designed a form for preparing Invoice using tables.

Now I want to insert text boxes into the free spaces for data entry which
could be saved and printed later. Also while data entry, the blank space
should not extend sidewards or move to next row outside the space allocated
in the table.
Seleting text box from Forms toolbar splits the table already designed.

Can anyone suggest a method for this.
--
reply to my posts are welcome

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The question was actually about text boxes, and they're not compatible with
form fields at all. But it's not clear from the question whether the OP is
actually using form fields or just a table.

"NSNR" wrote:

I have already designed a form for preparing Invoice using tables.

Now I want to insert text boxes into the free spaces for data entry which
could be saved and printed later. Also while data entry, the blank space
should not extend sidewards or move to next row outside the space
allocated
in the table.
Seleting text box from Forms toolbar splits the table already designed.

Can anyone suggest a method for this.
--
reply to my posts are welcome

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I assumed it was about frames since the OP wrote, "seleting text box from
Forms toolbar," but obviously I could be wrong.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP