Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil J W Phil J W is offline

Default I want to lock a form, but allow users to change only pictures...

Is there a way to have a protected form but alow users to edit photos and add
other images thoughout the form?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Phil J W wrote:
Is there a way to have a protected form but alow users to edit photos
and add other images thoughout the form?

Download the form_picture.zip file from http://jay-freedman.info and examine
the template it contains. The scheme is somewhat fiddly to set up, but once
everything is in place, users can insert or replace images.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Beyond the generic instructions for installing the macro code, pay careful
attention to the instructions in the form_picture template about how to set
up the MacroButton fields and the bookmarks. The locations and the exact
format of the names of the bookmarks are important; if you get it wrong, the
macro won't work properly.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Phil J W wrote:
Is there a way to have a protected form but alow users to edit
photos and add other images thoughout the form?

Download the form_picture.zip file from http://jay-freedman.info and
examine
the template it contains. The scheme is somewhat fiddly to set up,
but once
everything is in place, users can insert or replace images.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil J W[_2_] Phil J W[_2_] is offline

I got it working sort of, although if i go to another machine in my office,
the form i set up wont work, i keep getting errors. Thanks for your help
though gys. Grahems helped me in the past all you guys are great!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Phil J W wrote:
Is there a way to have a protected form but alow users to edit
photos and add other images thoughout the form?

Download the form_picture.zip file from http://jay-freedman.info and
examine
the template it contains. The scheme is somewhat fiddly to set up,
but once
everything is in place, users can insert or replace images.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil J W[_2_] Phil J W[_2_] is offline

Unfortunatly i dont think this method would work, the process has been made
more difficult. This form will be used by authors all over the company sio
have each of them install this macro wouldnt work, id need it to be INSTALLED
into the template and follow that template around, is that possible?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Phil J W wrote:
Is there a way to have a protected form but alow users to edit
photos and add other images thoughout the form?

Download the form_picture.zip file from http://jay-freedman.info and
examine
the template it contains. The scheme is somewhat fiddly to set up,
but once
everything is in place, users can insert or replace images.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It's probably correct that this won't work in your situation.

The main alternative is to separate the form into sections by inserting section
breaks, and then protect only the sections that contain form fields. In the
Protect Document task pane, when the protection type is set to "Filling in
forms" and there are two or more sections in the document, there will be a
"Select sections" link to let you uncheck the sections that should be
unprotected.

That will let users insert pictures in the unprotected sections, as well as
entering and editing text. Some things won't work there; for example, nothing
involving the Drawing tools (AutoShapes, WordArt, etc.) will be enabled.