Ardell

Default Styles not in Organizer

Using Word 2002. Not all the styles from my normal.dot
listed in the Organizer. For example, Closing and the
List Numbers styles are missing.

Thanks for you assistance. This newsgroup help is
terrific.
Klaus Linke

Hi Ardell,

The built-in styles don't really exist until you use or modify them. Not =
even their definitions are stored in Normal.dot as far as I know -- they =
come from Word itself (or some DLL that Word uses).

If you delete a built-in style, and then apply it again, it'll revert to =
the default definition. But any text in that style will change to the =
"Normal" paragraph style (or the Default Paragraph Font if it's a =
character style) the moment you delete the style.

So if you want the style definition back to the factory default, it may =
be better to apply that style in another (clean) doc and copy the it =
from there.

Regards,
Klaus

"Ardell" wrote:
Using Word 2002. Not all the styles from my normal.dot=20
listed in the Organizer. For example, Closing and the=20
List Numbers styles are missing.
=20
Thanks for you assistance. This newsgroup help is=20
terrific.