Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ricardo ricardo is offline

Default how do i change the default language in spell checker?

There have been previous answers to this question but tried all advice to no
avail. I use a spanish keyboard but most of my stuff is in english, so I want
an english spell check. Checked regional settings - language which give me 2
spanish choices only. How can I change it to english? The english
spellchecker has been working no problem until now.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?cmljYXJkbw==?=,

There have been previous answers to this question but tried all advice to no
avail. I use a spanish keyboard but most of my stuff is in english, so I want
an english spell check. Checked regional settings - language which give me 2
spanish choices only. How can I change it to english? The english
spellchecker has been working no problem until now.

There's an article about getting control of language in the "Tips" section of my
website.

To summarize, though: you have to add other languages in the Regional settings.
There's a button for "Details" (I think that's how it's labelled) where you can
add languages and specify the keyboard you want to use for each language.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)