Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melody Melody is offline

Default How do I access templates and the resume wizard

Hi. I am a new user of 2007 and for the most part I love it. But I cannot
figure out how to access the resume wizard. I have searched and searched for
it, and cannot see how to make it start. I know that the program is on my
computer because I have seen it, but I do not know how to make it "pop" up
when I need it. I also need help with the templates. How do I access them
once I have downloaded them? I have downloaded several. Do I do this in
Word or do I have to use Publisher or something like that. Any and all help
will be gratefully taken, just remember I am just a newbie with this.

Thanks
--
Snicker's and Frappuchino's Mom (AKA Mel)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melody Melody is offline

Thank you! I know I saw a resume wizard.exe on my computer somewhere, but it
must of transferred when I moved from my old computer to my new computer. I
am going to get rid of all the old stuff tomorrow so I will not be confused.

Now do you know how I can access the templates that I downloaded, or do I
only use them through Publilsher?

Thanks again.
--
Snicker''''s Mom

"Melody" wrote in message
Hi. I am a new user of 2007 and for the most part I love it. But I
cannot
figure out how to access the resume wizard. I have searched and searched
for
it, and cannot see how to make it start. I know that the program is on my
computer because I have seen it, but I do not know how to make it "pop" up
when I need it. I also need help with the templates. How do I access
them
once I have downloaded them? I have downloaded several. Do I do this in
Word or do I have to use Publisher or something like that. Any and all
help
will be gratefully taken, just remember I am just a newbie with this.

Thanks
--
Snicker's and Frappuchino's Mom (AKA Mel)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do yourself a favor - do NOT use Publisher for your resume. Yes, it can be
done. And yes, it will look nice. That's not the issue. I've yet to hear of
an employer or online career site that accepts Publisher files. If you send
a prospective employer a Publisher file, they may toss it because they don't
have Publisher on their computers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Melody" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melody Melody is offline

I want to thank you all for helping me. I did find the resume wizard by
doing a search on the start menu. I then clicked that and the wizard started
and allowed me to play with it.

I also found out that by clicking on the Windows icon in the top left hand
corner where the menu drops down that says New, Open, and etc. that by
clicking on New, then a window opens with templates in it. It also has my
new templates that I downloaded from the Microsoft website.

Thank you all for making me challange myself, and most of all thank you for
taking the time to help. I believe in Karma, and I know that you will
recieve glory for helping a total stranger.

Melody Lema
--

"Melody" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can only hope that Snickers and Frappuccino are pets and that they are
spelled that way and not the way you wrote them in your signature. Or
perhaps those are your children's Palin names?

"Melody" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melody Melody is offline

Snickers and Frappuchino are my Pomeranian's. Snicks is 4 years old and Frap
is 8 months old. Guess what my favorite candy bar and drink are? Frap is a
chocolate brown, just the color of a mocha Frappuchino drink. I know that I
spelled Frap's name wrong but that is how it is on his papers so I deal with
it.

Thanks again for making me learn things.

MEL
--
Snicker''''s Mom

"Melody" wrote in message
[...]

edit an existing resume' made with resume wizard CMergel Microsoft Word Help 2 June 4th 07 11:04 PM
how do I reopen resume wizard to edit a resume jhme Microsoft Word Help 1 June 5th 06 06:03 PM
Resume Wizard Lava921 Mailmerge 0 February 2nd 05 05:35 PM
Resume Wizard MissNilsa Microsoft Word Help 1 January 23rd 05 08:15 PM
How to use Resume Wizard. Vonnie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 23rd 05 12:33 PM