Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Auto update exhibit and appendix numbering

I am writing a paper with reference to dozens of exhibits in the text which
are illustrated in the appendix.

I would like the numbering to be automatically updated when I move the
exhibits in the text and the appendix be altered accordingly, both number and
position of the appendix item.

For example:

in text: cement production is projected to increase 9% per year (see
Exhibit 3).

in appendix: Exhibit 3: Projected cement production until 2015

[Chart]

I would like the exhibit number updated when moved in text and the
corresponding number and location within the appendix updated to reflect this.

Previously I have done this manually, but it is time consuming and this
project has a huge number of exhibits, would be great if it can be done
automatically.

Can this be done or in a similar way to how I describe?

Thanks for any assistance,

Richard.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use Insert | Reference | Caption to number the exhibits and Insert |
Reference | Cross-reference to reference them. Note that cross-references
(REF fields) are not updated automatically but will be updated when you
print, Print Preview, or otherwise update fields.

news