Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katie Katie is offline

Default Can I change the highlight colour in "Find and Replace" function?

I would like to do a search in my word document to find a particular item in
various tables, and highlight it. However, I have to do this for a number of
items and so wish to change the Highlight colour in the format part of the
Find and Replace function. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The highlight color applied via the Find and Replace dialog box is the color
currently selected in the Highlight icon in the Formatting toolbar (in case
of Word 2007, the icon is found in Home tab Font group).

Therefore, you only need to change the color via the icon between each
search and replace.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Katie" wrote:

I would like to do a search in my word document to find a particular item in
various tables, and highlight it. However, I have to do this for a number of
items and so wish to change the Highlight colour in the format part of the
Find and Replace function. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Greg Maxey http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Highlighter.htm has a handy
multi-colour highlighter that you can download that makes this a breeze.

Katie wrote:
Tak! Thanks !

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

The highlight color applied via the Find and Replace dialog box is
the color currently selected in the Highlight icon in the Formatting
toolbar (in case of Word 2007, the icon is found in Home tab Font
group).

Therefore, you only need to change the color via the icon between
each search and replace.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word