Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
falcios falcios is offline

Default Page limit in Word

What Is the page limt in Word? What is recommended by Microsoft?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The only limit that has ever been stated is 32 MB of text only (not
including graphics). Some users have reported creating documents upwards of
10,000 pages.

"falcios" wrote in message
What Is the page limt in Word? What is recommended by Microsoft?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi falcios,

Suzanne's given you the text limit and, as she says, there's no page count limit as such. For the various other limts, see 'Limits
for Word' in Word's Help file.

--
Cheers
macropod

"falcios" wrote in message ...
What Is the page limt in Word? What is recommended by Microsoft?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Even the file size limit for text seems to be an illusion (possibly
referring to an older version of Word) as it is possible to create text
files larger than 32 mb.

"falcios" wrote in message
What Is the page limt in Word? What is recommended by Microsoft?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Graham

Indeed. I have in the past created a document with around 35Mb of text.

--
Cheers
macropod

"falcios" wrote in message
What Is the page limt in Word? What is recommended by Microsoft?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which is why I was careful to describe 32 MB as the only limit that has been
stated. It would be nice if MS would issue an update for that KB article
(“Operating Parameter Limitations and Specifications” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211489), but in fact, even the "Limits
for Word" Help topic has been removed from Word 2003.