Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnVZ JohnVZ is offline

Default Embedding sub documents - Word 2000

I am trying to add hidden addtional information that can be called up when a
certain box is clicked on.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Many thanks
--
JVZ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi John,

You could use field coding combined with checking the 'Update Fields' option under Tools|Options|Print to achieve this.

For example, if you create a set of fields coded as:
{ASK Show "Please input 'Show' to display hidden content"}
{IF{REF Show}= "Yes" "My 1st block of Hidden text"}
{IF{REF Show}= "Yes" "My 2nd block of Hidden text"}
you'll get a prompt each time you print the document to 'Show' (or not) the hidden text. The ASK field can be placed anywhere you
like - it doesn't have to be located next to the first 'hidden' field. The 'hidden' fields can have as much text in them as you
like, including multiple paragraphs and you can likewise have however much 'normal' text as you like either side of the fields.

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod

"JohnVZ" wrote in message ...
I am trying to add hidden addtional information that can be called up when a
certain box is clicked on.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Many thanks
--
JVZ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnVZ JohnVZ is offline

Many Thanks Mac
I tried your solution however it does not seem to work with my document. I
should clarify that I have pasted a VISIO diagram (Flow Chart) in to the word
document. I would like the reader to be able to click on a box to get more
information (If it was a straight doc your solution would be the answer)

Any advice or should I be using another program altogether?
--
JVZ

"JohnVZ" wrote in message ...
I am trying to add hidden addtional information that can be called up when a
certain box is clicked on.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Many thanks
--
JVZ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi John,

You might do better embedding an image of the Visio object as an icon in the Word document, via Insert|Object. If the user clicks on
the icon, it should display the image. If you were to simply insert the Visio object as an icon, I believe the user would need to
have Visio installed before the object would display.

--
Cheers
macropod