Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jnet Jnet is offline

Default Caption - Change Sequential Field Numbering

I need to start caption numbering at Figure V-12. How do I change the field
numbering to do this. When toggle the field codes I have "{SEQ Figure_V-\*
ARABIC }. What do I need to change this to?

Thanks
--
Jnet
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Add the \r switch followed by the start number:

{ SEQ Figure_V- \r 12 \* ARABIC }

You can leave out "\* ARABIC" €“ the result will be the same:

{ SEQ Figure_V- \r 12 }

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jnet" wrote:

I need to start caption numbering at Figure V-12. How do I change the field
numbering to do this. When toggle the field codes I have "{SEQ Figure_V-\*
ARABIC }. What do I need to change this to?

Thanks
--
Jnet

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jnet Jnet is offline

It worked! Thanks.
--
Jnet

"Jnet" wrote:

I need to start caption numbering at Figure V-12. How do I change the field
numbering to do this. When toggle the field codes I have "{SEQ Figure_V-\*
ARABIC }. What do I need to change this to?

Thanks
--
Jnet

sequential numbering jib Microsoft Word Help 2 September 25th 07 09:37 PM
Sequential Numbering dgk Microsoft Word Help 0 October 6th 06 06:21 PM
Sequential numbering Jeff RN Microsoft Word Help 1 July 3rd 06 08:12 PM
Sequential numbering Moir New Users 2 March 17th 05 06:56 PM
Caption Numbers Not Sequential knght-usa Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 05 07:54 PM