Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G Le Maire G Le Maire is offline

Default Problem saving changes to a form

I have one secretary using Word 2002. We use forms for some of our
documents. The problem is when unprotecting the form to make a change not
within the original document and then reprotecting the form reverts to the
"shell" form, with no information. And, we have no idea where the completed
/ corrected form was saved. But once we close out and reopen we can get the
changed form back up. Any ideas?
--
Gordon LeMaire
Assistant District Attorney
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi G

G Le Maire wrote:
I have one secretary using Word 2002. We use forms for some of our
documents. The problem is when unprotecting the form to make a change not
within the original document and then reprotecting the form reverts to the
"shell" form, with no information. And, we have no idea where the completed
/ corrected form was saved. But once we close out and reopen we can get the
changed form back up. Any ideas?

I'm not entirely sure if this is your issue:

How to change the behaviour of Word's document protection, so users
formfields don't get reset when they unprotect and reprotect (by Ibby
and Geoff Whitfield)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...lfResetOff.htm

HTH
Robert